TEDX partners with other nonprofits to host webinars with scientists conducting endocrine disruption research. We also produce videos and participate in webinars hosted by other organizations.
Please join us Wednesday, October 23, at 12:00 pm Eastern for TEDX's final webinar, celebrating 16 years of championing safe environments for healthy hormone functioning. Hear stories about our successes, listen to expert opinions about what’s next for EDCs and fracking chemicals, and learn how to stay connected to the latest resources. We look forward to spending this time with you, answering questions, and hearing your thoughts! Visit the Collaborative on Health and the Environment to learn more about the presentations and the speakers, and register for the webinar.
Webinar series: EDC Science Briefs
Learn about the broad range of effects of endocrine disrupting chemicals in these half-hour webinar presentations in which leading scientists present the latest research on endocrine disruption and the immune system, the metabolic system, the brain, behavior and more. (30 min., sponsored by the Collaborative on Health and the Environment's EDC Strategies Partnership)
presentations by tedx staff
The following are video and webinar presentations given by TEDX staff. More videos can be seen on our YouTube channel.
- Dr. Katie Pelch: Urgent evaluation of links between chlorpyrifos and autism development needed. This webinar was part of a series dedicated to the health and environmental impacts of chlorpyrifos, a pesticide widely used across Europe and of which residues are regularly found in our food. (27 min., May 2019, hosted by HEAL)
- Dr. Katie Pelch: Protecting Communities from PFAS Chemicals: The Urgent Need for Safe Drinking Water Standards in the Absence of Federal Action. This teleconference call focused on how some states are moving forward to establish protective, enforceable standards for PFAS, including drinking water standards instead of waiting for the EPA to take action. (69 min., April 2019, hosted by CHE-Alaska)
- The Genius Life podcast with Max Lugavere, How Plastic is Wrecking Your Health, featured Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski talking about how endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs) can have major implications for your health. (54 min., January 2019, Max Lugavere)
- The documentary, Unpacked, featured several experts on endocrine disrupting chemicals, including Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski, focusing on chemicals in food packaging and related health effects. (22 min., November 2018, Vimeo)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Mamavation TV conducted a live interview discussing Bisphenol A and how to avoid it in daily life. (49 min., May 2018, hosted by Mamavation TV)
- TEDX's Senior Scientist, Dr. Katie Pelch, participated in The Seattle Aquarium's Science and Cocktails: Lightning Talks, presenting Who's to Blame? How Your Trip to the Store May Be Harming Marine Wildlife. (5 min., November 2017, hosted by Seattle Aquarium)
- Dr. Katie Pelch: Toxics in Everyday Life. UCLA Center for Occupational & Environmental Health convened a diverse audience from around the country to participate in an interactive day of learning and discussion, exploring questions about toxics in everyday life. (12 min., June 2017, hosted by UCLA COEH)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Endocrine Disruption at the Top of the World: State of the Science with a Message from Alaska. This webinar presented highlights of 25 years of endocrine disruption science, recent scientific advances and how hormone disruption may be a common causative factor in many diseases and disorders of the modern world. (61 min., October 2016, hosted by CHE-Alaska)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Protecting Public Health Through Cleaner Fuels and Lower Emissions. At a Congressional Briefing held by the Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI) examining the health impacts of current octane sources and the need for cleaner, cost-effective octane providers, TEDX’s recent review of health effects associated with ambient level BTEX exposure and their endocrine disrupting properties was presented. (15 min., December 2015, hosted by EESI)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: The new SIN List substances and the science behind their inclusion. This presentation was at the launch of the updated SIN List and SINimilarity. (13 min., October 2014, hosted by ChemSec)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals: Science, Policy, and What You Can Do. This video provides an introduction to endocrine disruption for the lay person. (8 min., April 2014, hosted by TEDX)
- Dr. Theo Colborn: UNSAFE: The Truth Behind Everyday Chemicals produced by Earth Focus. (27 min., December 2013, Link TV)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Endocrine Disruptors in Plastic: Bisphenol A & Phthalates. This webinar is a part of a series on chemicals found in everyday products. (28 min., November 2013, hosted by Green Science Policy Institute)
- Dr. Theo Colborn: Letter to the President: Theo Colborn at TEDxMidAtlantic 2012. Dr. Colborn implores the President and First Lady of the United States to act now to address the failure of current laws to protect the public against endocrine disrupting chemicals. (17 min., October 2012, TEDxMidAtlantic)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals - New Directions in Science and Policy. This presentation discusses why the old system of setting safety standards doesn't work for endocrine disruptors, and how the principles of endocrinology can be used to create a better system. (60 min., July 2012, presented by ACAT's Alaska Collaborative on Health and Environment)
- Dr. Theo Colborn: Endocrine Disruption and Environmental Health: Ten Years After Our Stolen Future. This call covered the present state of endocrine disruptors, ten years after the seminal book, Our Stolen Future: Are We Threatening Our Own Fertility, Intelligence, and Survival? - A Scientific Detective Story, was published and features the authors: Theo Colborn, Dianne Dumanoski and John Peterson Myers. (60 min., May 2006, presented by the Collaborative on Health and the Environment)