TEDX partners with other nonprofits to host teleconference calls with scientists conducting endocrine disruption research. We also produce videos and participate in webinars hosted by other organizations.
teleconference calls: EDC Science Briefs
Learn about the broad range of effects of endocrine disrupting chemicals in these half-hour teleconference presentations in which leading scientists present the latest research on endocrine disruption and the immune system, the metabolic system, the brain, behavior and more. (30 min., sponsored by the Collaborative on Health and the Environment's EDC Strategies Group)
Videos and Webinars
The following are video and webinar presentations given by TEDX staff.
- Dr. Katie Pelch: Toxics in Everyday Life. UCLA Center for Occupational & Environmental Health convened a diverse audience from around the country to participate in an interactive day of learning and discussion, exploring questions about toxics in everyday life. (12 min., June 2017, hosted by UCLA COEH)
- Dr Carol Kwiatkowski: Endocrine Disruption at the Top of the World: State of the Science with a Message from Alaska. This webinar presented highlights of 25 years of endocrine disruption science, recent scientific advances and how hormone disruption may be a common causative factor in many diseases and disorders of the modern world. (61 min., October 2016, hosted by CHE-Alaska)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Protecting Public Health Through Cleaner Fuels and Lower Emissions. At a Congressional Briefing held by the Environmental and Energy Study Institute (EESI) examining the health impacts of current octane sources and the need for cleaner, cost-effective octane providers, TEDX’s recent review of health effects associated with ambient level BTEX exposure and their endocrine disrupting properties was presented. (15 min., December 2015, hosted by EESI)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: The new SIN List substances and the science behind their inclusion. This presentation was at the launch of the updated SIN List and SINimilarity. (13 min., October 2014, hosted by ChemSec)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals: Science, Policy, and What You Can Do. This video provides an introduction to endocrine disruption for the lay person. (8 min., April 2014, hosted by TEDX)
- Dr. Theo Colborn: UNSAFE: The Truth Behind Everyday Chemicals produced by Earth Focus. (27 min., December 2013, Link TV)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Endocrine Disruptors in Plastic: Bisphenol A & Phthalates. This webinar is a part of a series on chemicals found in everyday products. (28 min., November 2013, hosted by Green Science Policy Institute)
- Dr. Theo Colborn: Letter to the President: Theo Colborn at TEDxMidAtlantic 2012. Dr. Colborn implores the President and First Lady of the United States to act now to address the failure of current laws to protect the public against endocrine disrupting chemicals. (17 min., October 2012, TEDxMidAtlantic)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals - New Directions in Science and Policy. This presentation discusses why the old system of setting safety standards doesn't work for endocrine disruptors, and how the principles of endocrinology can be used to create a better system. (60 min., July 2012, presented by ACAT's Alaska Collaborative on Health and Environment)
- Dr. Theo Colborn: Endocrine Disruption and Environmental Health: Ten Years After Our Stolen Future. This call covered the present state of endocrine disruptors, ten years after the seminal book, Our Stolen Future: Are We Threatening Our Own Fertility, Intelligence, and Survival? - A Scientific Detective Story, was published and features the authors: Theo Colborn, Dianne Dumanoski and John Peterson Myers. (60 min., May 2006, presented by the Collaborative on Health and the Environment)