Watch this 30 minute webinar, held in April, 2018 with Ashley Bolden: Exploring endocrine disrupting air pollutants near unconventional oil and gas sites.
Health effects associated with unconventional oil and gas
TEDX hosts 30-minute webinars with scientists studying how chemicals associated with unconventional oil and gas development may be affecting health. Download the slides and follow along as scientists deliver presentations on their recent research, followed by Q&A.
presentations by tedx staff
The following are video and webinar presentations given by TEDX staff.
- Kim Schultz: Using the FrackHealth Database to support your campaign. In this webinar, we demonstrate how to use TEDX's database to easily find research, and we present examples on how to use the research in campaigns for health protections. (30 min., January 2018, Halt the Harm Network)
- Ashley Bolden: New Look at BTEX: Are Ambient Levels a Problem? On this call, evidence from TEDX's review was presented suggesting that low BTEX exposure are connected to developmental, respiratory, and immune effects like reduced fetal growth, asthma, and increased susceptibility to allergy. (30 min., May 2015, The Collaborative on Health and the Environment)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Fracking Here? Think About It! This is an overview of unconventional oil and gas development, and research results from air sampling in Garfield and Delta Counties in Colorado presented at a community forum held in Hotchkiss, CO. (40 min., April 2015, Citizens for a Healthy Community)
- Dr. Carol Kwiatkowski: Natural Gas Development, Public Health and Protecting the Most Vulnerable Populations. This presentation is about the public health implications of natural gas operations, with an emphasis on air pollution and the risks they might hold for vulnerable populations, including children and pregnant women. (50 min., April 2014, Center for Environmental Health)
- Dr. Theo Colborn: Natural Gas Operations, Air Emission Exposure, and Recommendations to the Healthcare Community, a Continuing Medical Education (CME) course implemented by Physicians Scientists and Engineers for Healthy Energy. (45 min., April 2014, PSE)
- Dr. Theo Colborn: The Fossil Fuel Connection , a short video from LinkTV. (6 min., 2013, LinkTV.org)
- Dr. Theo Colborn: Natural Gas: The Rest of the Story. Dr. Colborn speaks to an audience in western Colorado on the hazards posed to human and environmental health by air pollution from natural gas operations. (24 min., March 2012, Citizens for a Healthy Community)
- Dr. Theo Colborn: Fracking: Implications for Human and Environmental Health. This call featured leading researchers in different fields of expertise who discussed the potential human and environmental health implications of fracking. (60 min., November 2010, The Collaborative on Health and the Environment)
- Dr. Theo Colborn: What You Need to Know About Natural Gas Production. This video illustrates how natural gas is not the 'clean energy' that industry touts it to be and calls for full public disclosure of all chemicals involved in drilling and fracturing. (47 min., 2009, TEDX)